There were twelve categories of award, open to any group of staff (academic and professional services or mixed teams) within the Coventry University Group. One award was made to a team in each of the categories.
- The Vice-Chancellors Award for Excellence in Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - Awarded in recognition of an individual, team or group who has made an outstanding contribution towards reducing or eliminating inequalities and has actively demonstrated a commitment to building more inclusive work environments and experiences.
- Research-Inspired Teaching - Awarded to a teaching initiative that clearly demonstrates research and teaching linkages enabling students to engage with ongoing research projects bringing that added dimension to student learning.
- Digital fluency and innovation - Awarded for utilising new or emergent technologies in learning and teaching to enhance the student experience
- Supporting Global Learning - Awarded for an initiative resulting in enhancing the student experience with students as global learners.
- Creativity and Enterprise Initiative - Awarded to an initiative that demonstrates impact in any areas of knowledge transfer, intellectual property exploitation, social enterprise, consultancy and professional learning or physical infrastructure, facilities and equipment.
- Outstanding Course Team - Awarded to a course team demonstrating an exceptional contribution or innovation in course design and performance
- Student Employability Initiative - Awarded to an initiative demonstrating innovation and impact on student employment.
- Community Engagement Initiative - Awarded to an initiative which demonstrates engagement, impact and linkage between the University and the wider communities.
- Research team of the Year - Awarded to a high quality impactful research project that has had demonstrated impact beyond the University Group.
- Outstanding Professional Services Team: Student Experience - Awarded to a Professional Services Team demonstrating outstanding service or contribution to enhancing the student experience
- Outstanding Professional Services Team: University Environment - Awarded to a Professional Services Team demonstrating outstanding service or contribution that enhances the University Group environment for students and/or staff (Environment to be interpreted broadly – physically, virtually, socially)
- Course Student Support Initiative of the Year - Awarded to a course team going that extra mile in providing outstanding support to students