Group Staff Conference 2022
This year's Group staff conference will be centred on teaching, learning and the student experience. The conference is open to all colleagues across the Group, and we hope to welcome as many of you as possible.
Click here to see more about the previous events. 2021: "Assessment, Digital Education & Inclusion", 2020: "Excellence in Teaching & Learning", 2019: "Supporting student success: the Coventry Way," 2018: "75 Years of Excellence – the Coventry Way,” and 2017: "Achievement, Equality and Diversity."
Getting the most out of the Coventry University Group Staff Conference 2022
The 2022 Coventry University Group Staff Conference has a different structure compared to previous events. The conference activities will consist of a sharing practice event on the 23rd June (12:00 - 17:15) and this will be followed by a series of development sessions in the week commencing 27th June.
The conference is aimed at all staff in the University involved in delivering and supporting teaching, learning and the student experience. The conference themes are: student support; teaching and learning delivery; learning design; access, participation and inclusion; and assessment.
The 23rd June event will be on-campus, across different locations, recognising that not everyone will be able to travel to one location. The locations being used are; Coventry University ECB; Coventry University London Campus; CU Scarborough; and Wroclaw.
23rd June 2022
- The sharing practice sessions will be primarily workshops consisting of short 10 minute presentations. Each sharing practice workshop will be one hour in duration, consisting of four 10 minute presentations with time for questions
- In addition to the sharing practice sessions there will also be:
- Opening plenary from Ian Dunn. Ian will be at Coventry University and his presentation will be broadcast to the other venues
- There will be three longer workshops:
- ‘Technicians Make it Happen’ (one hour)
- Access and Widening Participation (30 minutes)
- Engageli (30 minutes)
- As conference participants and presenters will be located at different campuses all the sessions will be delivered in hybrid mode; allowing the different locations to join together for each workshop.
- The event on the 23rd June will run from 12:00 – 17:15. The programme of workshops is available at:
- Lunch will be provided, please ensure you register to inform numbers.
The development sessions will be delivered wholly online as one hour workshops. Many of these follow on from sharing practice sessions, allowing participants to learn more about the practice shared at the event on the 23rd June.
- The schedule of sessions can be viewed at https://livecoventryac.sharepoint.com/sites/staff-conference2022
- To book onto a session please use the Professional Development booking system
Getting prepared for the conference checklist
To get prepared for the conference:
- When you register you will be asked to identify at which location you will participate in the event on the 23rd June. This is required to help inform catering requirements at the different locations
- Registration Link
- Create your programme
- Identify what sessions you will attend on the 23rd June 2022
- Sign up for follow up development sessions in the week commencing 27th June 2022
- Programme is available from https://livecoventryac.sharepoint.com/sites/staff-conference2022
Previous Staff Conference
Click here to see more about the about previous events.
Conference: Thursday 23rd June 2022 - hybrid approach to delivery, from midday to 5pm (UK time)
Supplementary practical and development sessions: From Monday 27th June 2022
Register for the conference
Programme for 23rd June and Development sessions in w/c 27th June
Conference Programme summary (pdf)
International Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference
5th - 7th September 2022, Coventry University
Active Learning Network Conference
20th July 2022 – online – hosted by Coventry University and University of Glasgow
Questions & Information
If you have any questions or require information about the conference, please email: email@example.com