The 2019 Staff Conference & Excellence Awards tool place in Coventry on Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th June.
The conference celebrated success, support development and inform on areas of growth across CU Group. It will provided a forum for staff from across the Group to share good practice, learn new things and be informed of strategic University developments.
The 2019 Staff Conference programme strands were:
- Educational Excellence
- Equity and belonging
- A sense of place and community
These strands were complemented by a selection of short presentations sharing practice from across the University Group.
Sessions provided opportunities for participants to engage with colleagues while learning about initiatives across Coventry University Group. Sessions included:
- Rollout of the Curriculum 2025
- Learning from cross institutional projects to enhance and evidence student engagement - focussing on transition from HE
- The new student induction process
- Briefings on the new academic year
- Tackling the Stigma of Mental Illness
- BME Staff and Students in Higher Education – A Discussion on the Intersections of Race and Leadership
- Building Inclusive and Engaging Learning Environments
- Access and Widening Participation
Sessions at the conference will included:
- Discussion and debate – providing opportunities to challenge ideas and thinking.
- Sharing practice – delivered as short presentations (10 minutes) these will provide opportunities for participants to engage with developments that are happening across the University. An opportunity for all staff engaged in supporting student learning to share practice with colleagues from across the CU Group
- Development opportunities – personal development opportunities, short focused sessions where participants could learn new skills