There were twelve categories of award, open to any group of staff (academic and professional services or mixed teams) within the Coventry University Group. One award was made to a team in each of the categories:
1. Research-Inspired Teaching Awarded to a teaching initiative that clearly demonstrates research and teaching linkages enabling students to engage with ongoing research projects bringing that added dimension to student learning.
2. Digital fluency and innovation Awarded for utilising new or emergent technologies in learning and teaching to enhance the student experience
3. Supporting Global Learning Awarded for an initiative resulting in enhancing the student experience with students as global learners.
4. Creativity and Enterprise Initiative Awarded to an initiative that demonstrates impact in any areas of knowledge transfer, intellectual property exploitation, social enterprise, consultancy and professional learning or physical infrastructure, facilities and equipment.
5. Outstanding Course Team Awarded to a course team demonstrating an exceptional contribution or innovation in course design and performance
6. Student Employability Initiative Awarded to an initiative demonstrating innovation and impact on student employment.
7. Community Engagement Initiative Awarded to an initiative which demonstrates engagement, impact and linkage between the University and the wider communities.
8. Research team of the Year Awarded to a high quality impactful research project that has had demonstrated impact beyond the University Group.
9. Outstanding Professional Services Team: Student Experience Awarded to a Professional Services Team demonstrating outstanding service or contribution to enhancing the student experience
10. Outstanding Professional Services Team: University Environment Awarded to a Professional Services Team demonstrating outstanding service or contribution that enhances the University Group environment for students and/or staff (Environment to be interpreted broadly – physically, virtually, socially)
11. Course Student Support Initiative of the Year Awarded to a course team going that extra mile in providing outstanding support to students
12. The Vice-Chancellors Award for Excellence in Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Awarded in recognition of an individual, team or group who has made an outstanding contribution towards reducing or eliminating inequalities and has actively demonstrated a commitment to building more inclusive work environments and experiences.